Friday, September 11, 2009

Once a Tool, Always a Tool

So I just got off the phone with you know who.

If you don't know who, you haven't been reading my notes, so you have nobody but yourself to blame.

I told him 3WEEKS AGO that Wy's open house was last night. I also called him 3 times yesterday, AND set him a text message reminding him. I spoke with him yesterday at around 4pm, because I hadn't heard back from him, and he said he was on his way back from a trip, but he'd meet us over at the school.

Of course he didn't show, Wy and I left, and went out to dinner with my family for my mothers birthday.

He just called me about an hour ago, and left a message, mightily pissed that he was at the school, and the open house was yesterday.

So I called him back, I got a shitload of attitude, alternating with dead silence. (Dead and silent are both really good looks for him BTW). He tried to blame the fact that he missed the open house on me, saying I didn't remind him. I very sickeningly sweetly told him, "well, don't beat yourself up too much, I mean people make mistakes all the time, I don't blame you because you forgot"

Which pissed him off even more, as it was intended to.

Too. Fucking. Bad.

He knew about this 3 weeks ago. I also e-mailed him the link to the schools web site, which had the open house date CLEARLY posted on the home page. But he apparently put more effort into remembering his rock climbing vacation than he did into his sons open house, which is typical for him.

When Wyatt was born, he told me that he wanted to go rock climbing to celebrate the birth of his son. He wanted to leave 2 days after I came home from the hospital. So, he was planning to leave me home with a brand new baby, and go hang off a cliff to celebrate the fact that 9 months earlier he had spilled off a few cells, which I then grew into a human being, carried inside my body, nurtured, and spent over 18 hours bringing into the world.

And he hasn't changed one bit in the past almost 9 years. What he wants comes ahead of anything else, and if it's not a priority to him, he doesn't manage to remember it.

So, just like the previous 6 years, I'M the one who takes care of everything related to Wyatts education, despite the tools protestations of wanting to be an involved parent.

Oh I think I'm going to need to take a xanax before he comes over to pick up Wyatt tomorrow!

No comments:

Blog Archive