Friday, May 18, 2007

My Mom, My Dad, and Jenny Craig

My parents are nuts, I swear they are. They've both had a weight problem for a while now, my Mom more so than my Dad. Mom wanted to get gastric banding done (she's so Sharon Osbourne), but they have to put a new roof on the house, so Dad came up with the idea of both of them joining Jennie Craig.

So, they signed up, and then Mom did a massive purge of their pantry and fridge, and split all the stuff between my brothers family and mine. I won't have to buy meat or side dishes for a year, I swear, I've got Rice A Roni coming out my ears!

So anyway, the food gets shipped to them, and now the pantry is divided into his zone and her zone. They've got all their food in neat little piles, everything labeled, and God help one if they dip into the others food. I was over there today, and their weekly food drop was a day late, and I swear, I had visions of the Donner party running through my head. I told my dad if I come over, Mom's missing and you're eating "beef jerky" I'm calling the Cops!

The upside is that they've both lost weight, which can only be good, but I see a war coming soon...

No comments:

Blog Archive