Friday, September 11, 2009

Morning Thoughts

Normally I'm NOT a morning person. Ask Nicole, she remembers me punching her when she tried to wake me up one morning. I of course have no such memory, but, as I said, NOT a morning person. I'm usually not even functional until after 3 cups of coffee.

But, with the new school year, and the summer of insomnia, I've become a morning person out of necessity. And I'm finding that I actually like it.

I have to get Wyatt up for school at 6:15. With him not being a morning person either, this is always a tug of war. The other day he tapped me on the head and told me he was hitting my snooze button so he could sleep for 5 more min. This morning he insisted that we had to snuggle in my bed for 2 min before he went to eat his breakfast. While we were snuggling, he told me he was dreaming about some girl from one of the Nickelodeon shows, and that he wants her to be his girlfriend.

(I see my future - it's going to be filled with chasing away little hoochie mamas that want my beautiful son...)

After our 2 min snuggle, I got Wy downstairs, he got dressed, ate, I made him lunch, and we went out front to wait for the bus. This is becoming my favorite part of the morning. He's such fun to watch. He loves watching the streetlights shut off as it gets lighter out, he likes to tell me the make and model of each car that comes down the street, and he does a little happy dance with each school bus that passes. He always runs back to kiss me before he gets on his bus, and he turns his head and looks back at me and waves as the bus is pulling away.

He's just so full of joy at the simplest things. It's contagious. By watching him, so happy and excited, I can't help but be caught up in it and carry some of that joy forward into my own day.

I can't think of a better way to start the morning.

No comments:

Blog Archive